2014 TriFamily Age Group Championship Series
Last Updated: February 24, 2014, 9:31 am
If you find an error with the calculations please contact me. Many times with parsing the results some names show up twice or mispellings cause errors. Do not worry, these can be easily ammended. Any issues will be resolved and the corrections will be posted. Since athletes must compete in one of the final three events to qualify, this list if just a current standing of where athletes would place if they were to finish one of the three final events.
Current Races Included in Calculations:
2014 Points Rules | Only Show Qualified Athletes
- JCC Spring Maxi
- JCC Spring Mini
- JCC Spring Kids Race
MALE AGE GROUP: 1 - 8
MALE AGE GROUP: 9 - 10
MALE AGE GROUP: 11 - 12
MALE AGE GROUP: 13 - 14
MALE AGE GROUP: 15 - 19
MALE AGE GROUP: 20 - 24
MALE AGE GROUP: 25 - 29
MALE AGE GROUP: 30 - 34
MALE AGE GROUP: 35 - 39
MALE AGE GROUP: 40 - 44
MALE AGE GROUP: 45 - 49
MALE AGE GROUP: 50 - 54
MALE AGE GROUP: 55 - 59
MALE AGE GROUP: 60 - 64
MALE AGE GROUP: 65 - 69
MALE AGE GROUP: 70 - 98
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 1 - 8
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 9 - 10
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 11 - 12
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 13 - 14
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 15 - 19
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 20 - 24
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 25 - 29
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 30 - 34
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 35 - 39
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 40 - 44
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 45 - 49
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 50 - 54
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 55 - 59
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 60 - 64
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 65 - 69
FEMALE AGE GROUP: 70 - 98
2014 Age Group Championship Series and Youth Triple Crown Series Rules
- To qualify for the Age Group Championship Series, athletes must achieve a 'qualifying' result in at least two (2) Tri-Family Racing events, with at least one result coming from one of the last two events. Qualifying can mean participating in one of the last two races yet still not finishing in top ten.
- Qualifying results include:
- Top 5 finish in an Overall division (Male or Female).
Note: In races with less than 100 athletes, Race Director may restrict this to Top 3.
- Top 10 finish in an Age Group division (Male or Female).
- Top 10 finish in the Clydesdale (Male) or Athena (Female) division.
- Race results in the Overall, Clydesdale and Athena divisions are not age-specific. Race results in each Age Group are determined based on the athlete's age on the day of the race.
- POINTS FOR 2012
- For each qualifying result, athletes will receive points based on the following system:
- Youth, Mini, or F1 races = 10 thru 1 points (10 points for 1st place, 1 point for 10th)
- Sprint or Maxi (Plus) races = 20 thru 2 points (20 points for 1st place, 2 points for 10th)
- Olympic races = 30 thru 3 points (30 points for 1st place, 3 points for 10th)
- Points are doubled for a qualifying result in an Overall division.
- 1st place in an Age Group for a Mini Sprint race would receive 10 points.
- 2nd place Overall for a Regular Sprint race would receive 36 points (18 points, doubled).
- 3rd place in Athena for a Sprint race would receive 16 points (same as Age Group).
- 4th place Overall for an Olympic race would receive 42 points (21 points, doubled).
- Athletes accumulate points for every qualifying result, regardless of 'Race Division'. These points are then used to rank the athlete in a 'Race Series Division'. This is determined using the following system:
- By default, an athlete's Race Series Division is equal to the Race Division in which their first qualifying result occurred.
- If during the course of the year an athlete achieves a set of qualifying results where the Race Divisions are a mix of Age Group and either Overall and/or Clydesdale/Athena, the division in which they achieved the most results will be used as their Race Series Division. In the case of ties, the division of their LAST result will be used.
- At the end of the year, if there are athletes in the Male/Female Overall Race Series Divisions that haven't achieved enough points to attain one of the Top 3 places, they may be moved to an Age Group Race Series Division at the Race Director's discretion. - This will typically ONLY happen when there is no age group person for that particular age division.
- In each division, including Male/Female Overall, Male/Female Age Groups, Clydesdale and Athena, awards are presented at the end of the year for the Top 3 places. Ties are broken as follows:
- If two athletes have the same number of points at the end of the year, ties in each division are broken based on the average of their qualifying placements in that division. As an example, if Athlete A had placed 1st, 3rd and 4th while Athlete B had placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, Athlete A would win based on an average placement of 8/3 (2.67) versus 14/4 (3.5) for Athlete B.
- If two athletes have the same number of points AND the same qualifying placement average, ties are then broken based on the number of points scored in the final event, the Southwest Valley Regional (Thanksgiving) race.